So today Apple has finally unveiled its new MacBook Pro upgrade after 4 years.It now features a new touch bar just above the keyboard, it is lighter and thinner than its predecessor here is The New MacBook Pro in a Nutshell:
- The new display is 67 percent brighter, has a 67 percent better contrast ratio, and displays 25 percent more colors. Apple says that despite these developments, it consumes 30 percent less energy than before.
- Much larger Force Touch trackpad, twice the size on the 15-inch model (46 percent larger on the 13), in fact, and the butterfly mechanism keyboard — second generation of the technology — of the thin MacBook.
- The OLED touch strip at the top that had been rumored is present, as expected. Apple calls it Touch Bar and it does actually have an Esc key, it’s just in software rather than a dedicated button. It’s claimed to be a Retina display in its own right, and it responds to both taps and gestures.
- To the right of the Touch Bar is a Touch ID fingerprint authentication module. It’s the second-generation Touch ID and it’s protected by a sapphire glass cover.This is first ever Touch ID module in a mac.
- –Thinnest and lightest MacBook Pro ever. Comes in silver and space gray color options. The 13-inch MBP weighs 3 pounds and measures in at 14.9mm of thickness, down from 18mm currently.
- the new 15-inch MacBook Pro has a quad-core sixth-generation (NOT seventh-generation) Intel Core i7 chip and 2,133mHz memory.
- It has an ATI Radeon Pro graphics card with up to 4GB of RAM. You can get up a 2TB SDD that’s up to 50 percent faster and the 15-inch model comes with 16GB of RAM.
- Apple claims the 15-inch’s speakers are Louder with twice as much dynamic range.
- The 13-inch model has either sixth-gen Core i5 or i7 processors and Intel Iris Pro graphics. It has the same faster memory as the larger model, but only has 8GB of it.
- Guess what? IT HAS A HEADPHONE JACK
- Both machines have four Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C ports, any one of which can be used for charging.
- Battery life is said to be “up to 10 hours” for both versions, which is slightly longer than the old models.
- Apple is also introducing a 13-inch model without the touch strip, which is designed to take the place of the MacBook Air.
- The entry-level MacBook Pro starts at $1,499, while the 13-inch model with the TouchBar runs $1,799. The 15-inch version starts at $2,399. All three models can be preordered starting today
In my opinion it is the BEST MAC TILL DATE and is a lot better than its predecessor…….
Source: THE VERGE